Frog Flugservice GmbH
- Martin Altmann is a founding member and since 2010 chief executive officer of FROG Flugservice GmbH. Born in 1955 in the north of Germany he grew up in the Rhineland and in 1969, at the age of 14, he secretly started flying gliders. Since 1974 served some years as a soldier with an army aviation unit and simultaneously started studying ancient history and archaeology. Since 1976 flight instructor for fixed wing airplanes. From 1979 study of human medicine, post gradual training in Internal Medicine and Aviation Medicine. ATPL licences of several states. Since 1993 captain on Boeing 737 for a Berlin airline, later Boeing 757 and 767 for a British carrier, from 2002 captain on Boeing 747-200/300, later 747-400, for Icelandic and German airlines. Martin logged around 40.000 flying hours in 50 years.
- Special interests:
- Aviation medicine, worked as an aeromedical examiner and flight physician in numerous civilian and military missions.
- Vintage airplanes, numerous restorations and deliveries of classic aircraft worldwide. Known from the TV series “Steel Buddies” with Michael Manousakis.
- Flight instructor fixes wing and rotary wing on numerous types, EASA type rating examiner until 2018. Active US-CFI/I for airplanes and helicopters.
- Favorite airplane: Rockwell Commander.
- FROG Flugservice has its offices 17 km east of Cologne on the A4 motorway, in the city of Overath, village of Steinenbrück. Nearest controlled airport Cologne-Bonn (EDDK), next light aircraft field Bonn-Hangelar (EDKB), next main railway station Cologne, railway station Overath
FROG Flugservice GmbH operates its own aircraft (Citation Jet) and trades in used aircraft
Martin Altmann does some round robbing in the CJ…